Railway level crossings at Edithvale and Bonbeach are set to be removed by lowering the rail line into a trench. Because of their proximity to the internationally significant Edithvale-Seaford Wetlands, these projects are subject to an Environment Effects Statement (EES) process.
The EES is a detailed study into the potential impacts of the Edithvale and Bonbeach level crossings projects.
Summary documents, videos, key findings, fact sheets, links to submissions, timelines and further details can be viewed at the Level Crossing Removal Authority website:
The EES is on public exhibition from 19 March to 2 May 2018 during normal opening hours at:
- State Library of Victoria, 328 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- City of Kingston Municipal Office, 1230 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham
- Chelsea Library, 1 Chelsea Road, Chelsea
Drop-in sessions at Edithvale and Bonbeach will be held during this time – visit, ask questions and learn more about the EES findings from environmental specialists and engineers.
Edithvale drop in sessions
6 Lochiel Ave, Edithvale
- Saturday 24 March at 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Saturday 7 April at 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Wednesday 11 April at 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday 21 April at 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Bonbeach drop in sessions
Bonbeach Surf Life Saving Club, Beach Reserve, Lord Weaver Grove, Bonbeach
- Saturday 24 March at 10:00am to 12 noon
- Thursday 5 April at 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday 7 April at 10:00am to 12 noon