The following email may interest you, especially if you live in Seaford. It relates to service works in and around the Seaford Road level crossing.
***Start of Message ***
I’m writing to let you know about upcoming service investigations in the Seaford area.
In preparation for the safe removal of the Seaford Road level crossing, the project team need to further investigate the location of underground services, including gas, water, telecommunications, electrical, and sewerage.
These works will occur (weather permitting) from Wednesday 12 April. We expect these works to take a number of weeks to complete.
What we are doing
· Investigating and recording the location of underground services
· Using suction trucks that use high pressure water to excavate holes in the ground, rather than digging holes
· Refilling the holes and reinstating the ground
Where are the works?
These works will occur within the rail corridor and on nearby roads, including:
· Seaford Road
· Railway Parade
· Fortescue Avenue
· Elsie Avenue
Works will only be undertaken between 9am and 4pm. Traffic management will be in place to keep road and footpath users safe. Detours will be in place to ensure people can get to where they need to safely, however please allow extra travel time.
What to expect
· There will be intermittent noise during these works generated by the suction trucks.
· There will be parking restrictions at some locations and lane and footpath closures during the works.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could share this with your networks.
Should you have any questions about these activities please get in touch.
Senior Communications and Stakeholder Relations Advisor
Level Crossing Removal Authority
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
Level 9, 121 Exhibition Street | Melbourne | Victoria 3000
T: 03 902 75596 E: Jala.Shekho@levelcrossings.vic.gov.au